Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Celestron Nexstar 6 SE


Since my first telescope, a Meade Etx 90-EC and ETX-125-EC, my primary interest was to take astro photos with modified webcams. A few years ago I tried to go ahead with a Meade LX-90 and a Meade DSI II imager. My experience, however, was quickly, before everything was set up and a perfect polar alignment  was achieved,  my evening was coming to an end without having photographed anything.



I recognized my interest and skill was not enough for serious astrophotography and sold the telescope in 2011. Subsequently, I have missed a telescope. After careful study, I decided to go for a Celestron NexStar 6-SE. This telescope is not suitable for long exposures but is capable of a maximum of about 30 sec. exposures.  The telscope is easy to set up and align and if I ever wish more detailed photos's, Hyperstar is an option (http://www.celestronimages.com/details.php?image_id=3102).

Below you can see some of my previous photos taken with the ETX and LX-90. My experience is already that NexStar is much more suitable for astrophotography than the ETX-scopes was, and far easier to set up than LX-90. LX90 can be used for long exposures, but as I said I had newer used it for this.

Meade LX-90, Meade DSI II in prime focus, 4 sec. x 20 frames. 2010
M27, Meade LX-90, Meade DSI II in prime focus,
 4 sec. x 20 frames. 




More pictures can be seen here:



No comments:

Post a Comment